If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: 1kz-te in my Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by tonystewart02 View Post
    I don't think you can run any US 4Runner auto transmission behind the 1KZTE. According to bloc, the A343F behind the 1KZTE is heavier duty and the torque converter is quite different for the diesel. If you need a driver side drop auto, I think you'll have to source one from a KZN185. Todd from DieselToyz or mhooper probably know more about this than me so maybe they'll chime in.

Edit: I'm assuming you don't have a transmission yet... can't tell from the previous posts.
    i do have a trans*, it came with it. im not sure what model yet. it has o/d though. (*auto)

Default Re: Blank Slate: 2nd Gen 1KZTE options

Im doing a swap into my wrangler and could sure use some help with the ecu wiring... because of the swap conditions Im forced to start from scratch and have this so far.
    i can turn the starter
    have the glow plug relay hooked up ( on for about 10-15 seconds then kills)
    i need to know if there any certain wires on the 22 pin harness that need 12v or grounds
    any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thank you

Really you need the wiring diagram because the ecu uses multiple sensors to run the engine. Even with the less important wires not hooked up the ecu won't be too happy and will put you into limp mode. The few wire hook up you want would need either a Toyota or Mitsu manual pump. Or you could hire out the wiring.

yeah, Im realizing that. I have power to everything, but the fuel isnt coming out of the injectors, it just leaks out of the top of the pump....

I'll assume you have the fusebox connected to the engine harness and the batteries and the spill valve relay. This is what I have on the diagram I used on my '94 1KZ-TE

22pin connector:

Pin 1 - From 15A ECD fuse

Pin 2, 12 & 13 - Switched power from ECD relay. This also energizes the spill valve relay, the VSV for the EGR and the VSV's and timer for the small butterfly on the throttle body. Of all of that all you REALLY need is the Spill valve relay, but they should all be hooked together in the engine harness by a RED with a Blue stripe wire.

Pin 3 - Output to energize ECD main relay (provides power, other side of relay is grounded)

Pins 11 & 22 - Both these pins need to be connected to the ST1 on the ignition switch (start signal). Pin 11 is connected through the Neutral start switch on an auto tranny and straight to Pin11 on a manual. I think this signal is only HIGH (+12VDC) when the ignition switch is turned to START.

Pin 14 - Connected to Ig2 on igniton switch. 1st position beyond Accessory on a toyota ignition switch.

Make sure the 2 big ground wires on the 26 pin ECU connector (pins 13 & 26) are bolted to the back of the block. If they are loose it won't start.

That should get it running.
    '78 FJ40, 1KZ-TE ,NV4500, FMIC, 20psi ,3" exhaust, ROM tune 152 RWHP 277ftLb.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjeep View Post
    yeah, Im realizing that. I have power to everything, but the fuel isnt coming out of the injectors, it just leaks out of the top of the pump....
    By "the top of the pump" do you mean the fuel line return fitting? If so that needs to be routed back to the fuel tank. If its coming out of the top cover or around one of the fittings or sensors that is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSTodd View Post
    I'll assume you have the fusebox connected to the engine harness and the batteries and the spill valve relay. This is what I have on the diagram I used on my '94 1KZ-TE

22pin connector:

Pin 2, 12 & 13 - Switched power from ECD relay. This also energizes the spill valve relay, the VSV for the EGR and the VSV's and timer for the small butterfly on the throttle body. Of all of that all you REALLY need is the Spill valve relay, but they should all be hooked together in the engine harness by a RED with a Blue stripe wire.

Pin 3 - Output to energize ECD main relay (provides power, other side of relay is grounded)

Pins 11 & 22 - Both these pins need to be connected to the ST1 on the ignition switch (start signal). Pin 11 is connected through the Neutral start switch on an auto tranny and straight to Pin11 on a manual. I think this signal is only HIGH (+12VDC) when the ignition switch is turned to START.

Pin 14 - Connected to Ig2 on igniton switch. 1st position beyond Accessory on a toyota ignition switch.

Make sure the 2 big ground wires on the 26 pin ECU connector (pins 13 & 26) are bolted to the back of the block. If they are loose it won't start.

actually i didnt get the fuse box with it, might head down to junker though and pick one up.
    Ive been running all the wires from the 22 pin harness
    this is super helpfull! thanks!

22pin connector:

well im stuck!
    i hooked it all up and nothing still.
    im getting power to all the sensors
    ie:
    spill valve
    timing control
    crank senor
    speed control
    etc.
    but im still not getting any gas....
    i opened one of the injector lines and im not getting anything after a few minutes worth of cranking.. so i dont think its air. it seems like the timing valve isnt letting any fuel through, ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ninjeep View Post
    well im stuck!
    i hooked it all up and nothing still.
    im getting power to all the sensors
    ie:
    spill valve
    timing control
    crank senor
    speed control
    etc.
    but im still not getting any gas....
    i opened one of the injector lines and im not getting anything after a few minutes worth of cranking.. so i dont think its air. it seems like the timing valve isnt letting any fuel through, ideas?
    Hmmm. I don't have my diagrams with me, they are at work. Are you still getting diesel out of the overflow? are you getting the start signal to pins 11 & 22? tranny in neutral? I'll think about it some more.

Look over your wiring diagram and make sure you are getting power to all the pins that need it, then check your grounds too.

Hmmm. I don't have my diagrams with me, they are at work. Are you still getting diesel out of the overflow? are you getting the start signal to pins 11 & 22? tranny in neutral? I'll think about it some more.

Look over your wiring diagram and make sure you are getting power to all the pins that need it, then check your grounds too.
    the fuel is pulled into the pump, but it doesnt come out of the overflow either, it starts to slowy leak from the speed sensor until the pressure fades.
    all of the wires you showed need 12v right? like the nsf?
    im running it without the fuse box so theres no relays involved.
    i tested the voltage to everything with the ign on and everything is at spec.
    where does the start signal originate? im not sure if its going to 11 & 22, my diagrams not here, i will check it out after work. i will try and send you a pic of what i have going on so far. thanks for the help and patience!