If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1kd-ftv power upgrade suggestions needed..

hi guys, i have a toyota fortuner with 1kd-ftv 3.0L dohc turbo intercooled..the turbo is a vgt kind.. ive installed chips,water/meth injection,cold air intake ,aftermarket filters and 3 inch exhaust...is there anything else yuo can suggest to maximize the engines performance? or any other upgrade to put more power into the engine..thakns in advance...

One of KD-FTV weakness is from it's TBW (Throttle By Wire) system.

You could install Ground Cable with following points :

1. Throttle Body
    2. Cyl. Head
    3. ECU (behind the dashboard)
    4. Injection Pump (there are sensors & actuators around Inj. pump)
    5. Injector Driver module (mounted on firewall, engine bay side)
    6. A/T unit (if your car equipped with A/T)

My experiment with 2 KD-FTV (Innova D4 D) resulting more accurate throttle response according to "right pedal movement".

I only make small improvements on my engine, like AAI (Auxiliary air Induction with 3 PCVs & 3 mini filters), free flow Simota Air filter, Rounding Down Pipe with 3 inch pipe near Turbo, semi free flow muffler, dialed TPS, Rizor Max. 2B Turbo Lag eliminator & Rizor RFP Injection Pump assist (RFP is a mini fuel reservoir installed after fuel filter, it receives fuel from filter also fuel return from fuel rail + injection pump and send them back to the Injection Pump) and lengthening wastegate hose by 5 cm.

I use Max. 2B because 2 KD-FTV is using conventional non VGT Turbo.

Dialed TPS (Throttle Positioning sensor) is enlarging bolt holes on the TPS unit, so the TPS could be dialed like Ignition distributor in gas. engine, resulting better response on low to mid RPM.

Result is satisfying for daily driving, also improves mileage. :D
    Last edited by Turboman; 09-25-2007 at 04:03 PM.

thanks turbo man,,have yuo heard about the throttle booster or sprint booster which enhances throttle responce? have yuo heard any feedback among this products? coz im planning to install one,..ill try yuor suggestion on grounding systems in my fortuner..thanks a lot for yuor suggestions..

Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    thanks turbo man,,have yuo heard about the throttle booster or sprint booster which enhances throttle responce? .
    I've try Sprint Booster on my friend's Toyota Innova gasoline 1-TR-FE which also using TBW.

Conclusion :
    Before consider to install anything expensive, it's better to try anything affordable first.

The next target on my 2 KD-FTV :
    Trying to manipulate MAP sensor by installing mini air tap / air faucet on MAP's hose.

I will report later.

does the grounding system on yuor innova work like as if yuor having a sprint booster? is it comparable to the responce on the throtle of the sprint booster that they are selling.. if it works like the sprint booster then it would be a great upgrade instead of buying the sprint booster..inform me then of anything yuo can suggest in a much cheaper way of having the same instant responce of the sprint booster,,thanks a lot for yuor help...

Quote Originally Posted by lytspid View Post
    does the grounding system on yuor innova work like as if yuor having a sprint booster? is it comparable to the responce on the throtle of the sprint booster that they are selling.. if it works like the sprint booster then it would be a great upgrade instead of buying the sprint booster..inform me then of anything yuo can suggest in a much cheaper way of having the same instant responce of the sprint booster,,
    The effect is different, GC (Ground Cables) makes your car act like conventional "wire-throttle", Sprint Booster (SB) was enhancing throttle character, maybe SB acts like "piggy-back" but only on throttle section CMIIW

The Cost of GC is only 1/8 - 1/12 of SB unit (you could make by yourself / DIY)

For me GC is more natural way to eliminate lag by TBW.

After GC installation you could still put the SB on your car if necessary.

Better to study SB first or asking for free trial of SB unit before decide to purchase.

lytspid the water/methane injection hasn't pumped up your fortuner to 200+hps'? my 1kz-te is going near 180hp already with just the water/methane injection. set it lower so it kicks in early like 1,400rpm. have it on a dyno just to make sure how much power you've got.

sir Lc,
    pag mtgal kna kasi gumagamit ng sasakyan medyo nababagalan kna,ok lng nung bagng kabit,although im assuing my fort is past 200hp already,im still searching for more ways to upgrade the power,..im just trying to max out the safest limit of 1kd...;)

ok sir, very nice. try dastek chips and a bigger intercooler para mas malakas. pati propane injection system.

nka chips na rin ako eh,also maybe a bigger intercooler cgro is on my list,but propane injection is out ,d kasi pwede e mix propane and alcohol injection,also if ma kbit man medyo complicated na rin ...:)