If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Default Ecu for 1KZ-Te on a Hilux 90.

Hi All,
    need your help with an Ecu issue, I have a 1kz-te into a Hilux 90 with manual transmission, basically the problem is that my Ecu is giving me problems with the split valve, so the engine just turn off in the middle of a trip and never starts again.

So I had a 89661-3d100 A/T ecu number, but I can't find it on my country, have any of you tried to use another ecu number on the same motor.

thank you and regards,
    Toyota Hilux 1KZ-TE

Default Re: Ecu for 1KZ-Te on a Hilux 90.

Quote Originally Posted by kaleb View Post
    Hi All,
    need your help with an Ecu issue, I have a 1kz-te into a Hilux 90 with manual transmission, basically the problem is that my Ecu is giving me problems with the split valve, so the engine just turn off in the middle of a trip and never starts again.

So I had a 89661-3d100 A/T ecu number, but I can't find it on my country, have any of you tried to use another ecu number on the same motor.

thank you and regards,
    The A/T Ecu will run your motor, but you will need to change the wiring harness. I have a ROM tuned M/T ECU that I need to sell. What is your M/T ECU number?

Also what have you done to trouble shoot the problem? checked engine codes? The ECU's can have problems with the electrolytic capacitors leaking and damaging the board. Why do you think its the spill valve?
    '78 FJ40, 1KZ-TE ,NV4500, FMIC, 20psi ,3" exhaust, ROM tune 152 RWHP 277ftLb.

Quote Originally Posted by ATSTodd View Post
    The A/T Ecu will run your motor, but you will need to change the wiring harness. I have a ROM tuned M/T ECU that I need to sell. What is your M/T ECU number?

Also what have you done to trouble shoot the problem? checked engine codes? The ECU's can have problems with the electrolytic capacitors leaking and damaging the board. Why do you think its the spill valve?
    Thanks for the reply, I don't have a M/T Ecu only the A/T 89661-3d100 but my Hilux is M/T.

I trouble shoot the problem by connecting 12V directly to the spill valve and the car starts, so I followed the lines to the ECU find the PIN and put a little cable to it, so when the car stops or doesn't start I connect this cable and the car starts. (what a mess by the way). The funny thing is that this cable that I mention is not always connected, just to start the engine and then the car runs perfect without the cable.

I found a couple of capacitors in bad shape, so I change it but the old owner already fix this ecu so what I want is to get another one without any repair on it.

If you need that I explain again something please let me know (English is not my first language).

Regards,
    Toyota Hilux 1KZ-TE

Quote Originally Posted by kaleb View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I don't have a M/T Ecu only the A/T 89661-3d100 but my Hilux is M/T.

I trouble shoot the problem by connecting 12V directly to the spill valve and the car starts, so I followed the lines to the ECU find the PIN and put a little cable to it, so when the car stops or doesn't start I connect this cable and the car starts. (what a mess by the way). The funny thing is that this cable that I mention is not always connected, just to start the engine and then the car runs perfect without the cable.

I found a couple of capacitors in bad shape, so I change it but the old owner already fix this ecu so what I want is to get another one without any repair on it.

If you need that I explain again something please let me know (English is not my first language).

Regards,
    So your problem is not with the spill valve or the ECU control of the spill valve. If it was bad your engine would die as soon as you disconnect the wire you have added. By the way, wiring the spill valve like you have done is a good way to damage it. It is not designed to be connected to constant power. The ECU pulses/limits the power to the spill valve to keep from burning it out.

All you are doing by jumping the spill valve is dumping alot of fuel into the engine at startup. Maybe you have another fuel problem like air in the lines or dirty/clogged injectors? Have you checked for any trouble codes?

So your problem is not with the spill valve or the ECU control of the spill valve. If it was bad your engine would die as soon as you disconnect the wire you have added. By the way, wiring the spill valve like you have done is a good way to damage it. It is not designed to be connected to constant power. The ECU pulses/limits the power to the spill valve to keep from burning it out.

All you are doing by jumping the spill valve is dumping alot of fuel into the engine at startup. Maybe you have another fuel problem like air in the lines or dirty/clogged injectors? Have you checked for any trouble codes?
    Thanks for the tips, I'm going to check the fuel lines and the fuel filter, don't really know how to get the codes from the ecu ... I have seen the diagnostic plug but that's it!

do you know if I can get the codes by this connector?

thanks and regards,
    Toyota Hilux 1KZ-TE

Look for the 1kz-te engine manual. Its a PDF file and its all over the internet. It may even be on this site if they have re-enabled that portion of the Forum. It has instructions for reading the codes as well as descriptions of each error code and troubleshooting tips. If you can get the codes, if you have any, I will help you figure out what they mean. Try this: http://etoymag.free.fr/manuels2/1KZ-TE.pdf for the manual.
    Last edited by ATSTodd; 07-19-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Bad link

Look for the 1kz-te engine manual. Its a PDF file and its all over the internet. It may even be on this site if they have re-enabled that portion of the Forum. It has instructions for reading the codes as well as descriptions of each error code and troubleshooting tips. If you can get the codes, if you have any, I will help you figure out what they mean. Try this: http://etoymag.free.fr/manuels2/1KZ-TE.pdf for the manual.

thank you very much for your help! I will check the manual and have the codes and will come back to you... again thank you for all the help.

regards,
    Toyota Hilux 1KZ-TE

Hi ATSTodd,
    didn't realize that you told me that you have a tuned M/T ecu for sell, can you tell me more about it?

regards,
    Toyota Hilux 1KZ-TE

I bought it from Japan to help me figure out the Maps in the ECU. I think I'm done with it now.