If you already have an account with us, please use the login panel below to access your account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default 2L-te engine check problems. Please help!!!!

Hi, my engine lights keeps comming on everytime i hit an uphill and press gas down. if i slowly accelerate it wont come on but if i press gas down and shifts up in 4th and 5th than the light come back on. The ecu is givving to fault codes and not even on diagnostic computer it still gives no errors but the engine light keeps comming on when on full throttle. Can anyone help me please?

Hilux Ln112 (1995 model)
    2L-Te Turbo Diesel Automatic

Kevinzammit@onvol.net
    Kevin Zammit
    MALTA
    Kevin Zammit
    Malta
    Europe
    Toyota hilux Ln112
    2447cc turbo Diesel
    Automatic 2L-Te

What rpms is "full throttle"? What have you checked and what have you not checked? I mean the basic stuff: filters & fluids, leaks, loose connections etc.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Akroyd_Stuart

So, why do we call it a "Diesel" when he didn't invent it?

But you have normal operation otherwise?

Backyard solution: unplug the light.

--Radio
    1985 2L-T 4x4 Longbed, PROJECT ON HOLD AGAIN whilst I pay medical bills. In hand and in progress: Sky Hi-Steer; FROR FF rear axle/disc brake conversion

Overboost fault? If your accelerating slowly then your probably not spooling the turbo all the way up. when your upshifting from 4th to 5th, your pushing the go pedal down and the boost up. Is it the check engine light or is it the turbo light. Maybe the accuator?

Brian
    85 Ex-cab 4x4 1KZ-TE 5 Speed **SOLD**
    03 Taco Double 4X4

Is it the check engine light or is it the turbo light.
    My money says you're right on the money!

6. Default

Thanks for the replies.I dont think its a boost problem cause the van is even using much more fuel than usuall.I dont have a turbo light in my cluster.mine is the Jap import Ln112 model. The engine light does come up on full throttle but i dont think its a boost pressure problem cause i tried to take off the actuator pipe and blocked it so that turbo would be full pressure and when i hit gas down and the boost went up the engine fell in safe mode and was reducing power automatically but no engine check came on.So if it was the same boost problem the engine light had to come on when full boost but it does not.i changed the diesel filter too i tought maybe it was dirty or not original but no success as the fault is still there after i placed the new filter.i checked all the hoses but didnt find any type of leak but i am hearing a noise comming from near the exhaust manifold, i think the egr pipe is loosing some exhaust,can that make any difference?im sure its leaking a bit cause i can hear it very easy.One thing more is that my friend has a hilux like mine and on full throttle it changes gears at 3400rpm when mine changes at almost 4100rpm ,why?Im really going mad and dont understand why toyota changed to this type of engine!!everything is electronic! i prefer the old 2Lt with mechanical pump when you could just adjust the pump as you wish! might it be a diesel pump problem?? please help!!
    Kevin Zammit
    Malta
    Europe
    Toyota hilux Ln112
    2447cc turbo Diesel
    Automatic 2L-Te

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/index.php

Do some searching there and you might find some answers.

8. Default hurreyyyyyyy

Finally we solved the problem my friends!!! im the happiest man in the world!! no one could find out what was wrong and i Thank alllot this fantastic maltese mechanic SIMBLU Garage that fixed my hilux. The problem was the ignition advance valve in the diesel pump It was a very strange problem cause the ecu does not recognise this as a fault so it does not give any fault code. Finally my Pick Up is back on the road healty as a fish
    Auto Transmission
    1995 model
    2L-Te
    Kevin Zammit
    Malta
    Europe
    Toyota hilux Ln112
    2447cc turbo Diesel
    Automatic 2L-Te

Good news.

Can you explain a little more about this problem and the function & location of this valve?

Might help a lot of other people too...

This is called the TIMING CONTROL VALVE or TCV
    Chapter 4-3 of the service manual explains: Once current flows through the coil, the stator core becomes an electromagnet which in turn compresses the spring and attracts the moving core to open the fuel passage connecting the high pressure and low pressure chambers. The larger the TCV control duty ratio is the wider the passage opens. Consequently, the timer piston moves right, delaying the fuel injection timing.

The TCV is located below the pump housing and works in conjuction with the TDC (Top dead center) or Crank shaft position sensor, the RPM sensor and the accelerator position sensor.
    Gibli.