PDA

View Full Version : Pics & Info....boost gauge & Turbo pressure help!

godzilla
02-28-2009, 11:48 AM
I have found out the engine code for my Avensis.

Its called a 2C-T

Turbo boost pressure is......

Bar/rpm..... 0,53-0,67 /5150 Does this make any sense to anyone, I dont have a clue!! Whats this in psi?

Also mine is a mechanical injection so I dont think I will have an ECU?

I have taken a pic of my engine.....any ideas as to where I should put the T piece so my boost gauge will work

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk198/pdbryantspics/toyengine.jpg

godzilla
02-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Also....forgot to ask!! Any ideas on where the fuel screw is on my engine as this will need turning up when I put more boost in.

mooner
02-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure about this engine but it does look as if you have an electronic controled injector pump, or can I just not see the linkage?
and look the net for a bar / psi conversion chart if there is such a thing.....
now I need to know.....(thanks)

godzilla
02-28-2009, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure about this engine but it does look as if you have an electronic controled injector pump, or can I just not see the linkage?
and look the net for a bar / psi conversion chart if there is such a thing.....
now I need to know.....(thanks)

Just checked it out! Its a min of 7.6psi and a max of 9.7psi

Here is a converter chart I found......

http://www.centauro-owners.com/articles/psibar.html

All I need to know now is where to put the T piece so I can fit the boost gauge and where the fuel screw is.....

Any help would be great

Paul

surf-huy
03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
take your pressure/vacume off your intake manifold. should be a small hose there conected to a sensor

Radio
03-01-2009, 02:46 PM
You've got so many hoses it looks like a gas engine. Sort of hard to believe it's just a "simple" mechanical.

I agree with the above, find something that leads to your intake manifold and "T" off that.

--Radio

82yota
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
I see what looks to be the Turbo Pressure Sensor on the left side of the picture above the mating surface of the injection pump bolted with two 10mm bolts to the top of the intake manifold. It has a black plug on it with 3 wires coming out of it. Check that sensor and see if it is the turbo pressure sensor. If it is put a T in that line and hook the gauge up to that. Looks exactly like the sensor on my 1kz.

godzilla
03-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I see what looks to be the Turbo Pressure Sensor on the left side of the picture above the mating surface of the injection pump bolted with two 10mm bolts to the top of the intake manifold. It has a black plug on it with 3 wires coming out of it. Check that sensor and see if it is the turbo pressure sensor. If it is put a T in that line and hook the gauge up to that. Looks exactly like the sensor on my 1kz.

Checked it today mate...... it is the one! It says in very small writing 'Turbo Pressure Sensor' just underneath it (connected to sensor) is a hose with number 6 on it.......this must be the hose I T piece into?

Lars
03-03-2009, 04:47 PM
I agree with Mooner, your engine is not mechanical, it's EFI. There's no throttle linkage or boost compensator on the I.P., and it has a fuel spill valve instead of a fuel cut solenoid, and there's the usual EFI plugs on the pump. I've never heard of of a 2C-TE, are you sure it's not a 3C-TE (2.2 L versus 2.0 L)? That valve cover looks strange, I wonder what's going on under there. Also looks like it's intercooled? The fuel screw is on top of the fuel spill valve, under the little rust colored metal cap. The spill valve is the large cylinder with the black rubber boot on the back of the injection pump.

VictoriaDave
03-03-2009, 04:55 PM
1 atmosphere = 1 Bar = 14.7 psi

There is my 2 cents

godzilla
03-03-2009, 05:10 PM
I agree with Mooner, your engine is not mechanical, it's EFI. There's no throttle linkage or boost compensator on the I.P., and it has a fuel spill valve instead of a fuel cut solenoid, and there's the usual EFI plugs on the pump. I've never heard of of a 2C-TE, are you sure it's not a 3C-TE (2.2 L versus 2.0 L)? That valve cover looks strange, I wonder what's going on under there. Also looks like it's intercooled? The fuel screw is on top of the fuel spill valve, under the little rust colored metal cap. The spill valve is the large cylinder with the black rubber boot on the back of the injection pump.

It does have an intercooler. I was told it was mechanical due to the favt it cant be chipped? The engine is known as a 2C-T. They are 1994cc. This model and engine was built in the UK from 1997 onwards.

Thank you for advice on fuel screw!! I think I have to turn the fuel up once I have upped the boost?

Lars
03-03-2009, 05:29 PM
It does have an intercooler. I was told it was mechanical due to the favt it cant be chipped? The engine is known as a 2C-T. They are 1994cc. This model and engine was built in the UK from 1997 onwards.

Interesting, first I've heard of that engine. Just because a chip isn't made for a particular engine doesn't mean it's mechanical. Also depends on what one means by mechanical. The injection pump is techically mechanical, but it's controlled by a computer, so it's referred to as EFI. A D4D is a whole other story that I don't know much about, much more computer control.
I wouldn't touch the fuel screw unless you're seriously underpowered, as it will probably eat into your fuel economy. And if you do, go slowly, 1/4 turn at a time, in for more fuel out for less. Also too much fuel will create excess heat and lead to a cracked head, you may want to look into a pyrometer if you're going to mess with the fuel volume.

NiftyNev
03-03-2009, 06:20 PM
There is a 2C-TE Engine and this is what you have. The injection pump is EFI. Post your model and Frame numbers and I can look up more details.

Nev